1 gallon dill pickles
5 oz bottle Tobasco or other hot pepper sauce
5 cloves chopped garlic
5 lb sugar
1. drain off pickle brine
2. slice pickles lengthwise and return to the original jar
3. pour in Tobasco first, and garlic last
4. add 1/3rd of the sugar and close lid tightly
5. gently tip jar back and forth to mix contents well
6. let sit 1 week at room temperature
7. as the week progresses, when you see that sugar is dissolved completely, add some more sugar and do the tipping/mixing again. Keep doing this until all of the sugar is used up and dissolved.
8. after about 1 week, when the last of the sugar is dissolved, put pickles into sterile, smaller glass jars and evenly distribute the liquid. Seal with lids and rings and store in the refrigerator.
9. important - must eat within 1 month.