NUT & DATE FUDGE / RANGINAK
1.5 lbs white/vanilla chocolate bark, wafers or chips (craft stores, baking aisle at market, candy supply stores). Can also use "confectioners coating"
1-14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/8 tsp salt
1.5 tsp white vinegar
1 lb pitted dates
1/2 lb walnut halves (halved again, so you have quarters)
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup slivered pistachios or almonds for garnish
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Put one piece of walnut into each date and fold it closed
2. Arrange dates facing up into a wax-paper lined 8 or 9 inch pan.
3. In large sauce pan, melt bark/wafers/chips over very low heat.
4. Once melted, stir in salt
5. Remove from heat
6. Stir in chopped walnuts, vanilla, condensed milk and vinegar. Mix well
7. Pour carefully around and then over dates/nuts, filling in crevices
8. Garnish with pistachios or almonds across the top
9. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature once cooled.